This is good for poorer countries which need tests but cannot afford them.
What brief news reports have not space to mention and discuss is that if this were available on the internet or from a doctor the public could test themselves without having the record on their medical records or sent to an insurance company or employer.
The NHS is likely to object because people might get suicidal if not told in person by somebody who can help deal with the reaction - or demand a re-test if the level of false positives is high. But another advantage would be people could ask potential dates or mates to take a test in public before getting involved physically and emotionally which would cut down infection rates. As we have cures or treatments to prevent, alleviate, if not eliminate, many diseases and ones which take over when your immune system is low, that must be good for the long-term health of the majority of patients as well as their partner or potential partner. It might even save the NHS the cost and time of testing people.
Currently some US states require medical tests before marriage to protect the unborn child. Also have what used to be called VD was a grounds for annulment of a marriage. So this save a lot of aggro when many people are infected and don't even realise it.
France requires every motorist to carry a breathaliser. One day every traveller will be required to carry a set of condoms and health check kits and use them before a relationship starts.
Anything which saves money and saves lives and relationships has to be good.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment