Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
For information on the flag of Uruguay see my previous post on the country. I did a Gemini search for Uruguayan vineyards with a shop. Then...
Labels
Monday, October 29, 2012
Reforming UK Primary School Teaching - Adding Dates+History
The new list must include English spelling+ grammar. If not please add it.
Geography: continents, read maps and Satnav, find countries in the news, ancestors, classmates' origins.
Practical maths: how vacuum cleaners work, use a dishwasher, Run water in waste disposal to prevent solid food blocking drains.
Keep accounts: pocket money in, money spent.
Keep time, file homework papers, tidy room.
Possible careers + skills+exam passes for jobs. I needed Latin A level to study English at London Univ / science A level for psychology.
Music - read music and compose a simple song. Sing in tune: start with happy birthday to you.
Politeness worldwide: Say Please+thank you. Use a hanky to wipe noses. Wash hands before+ after meals. Don't put fingers on food when passing cake slices. No fingers inside cups.Take off shoes or wear overshoes in homes where you sit or pray on the floor or babies crawl.
Languages: (Don't tell me it's confusing to learn other languages. It helps me spell and understand English knowing Latin. I wish I had learned Greek, German, and Spanish. Beggar children in third world countries can ask for money in ten languages. People with multiple borders such as Czech republic speak up to 8 languages. The Scandinavians who speak languages nobody beyond their border can speak, means they have to be near-fluent in at least one other language, English.) Russian+Greek alphabet. 100 words, 3 grammatical sentences in the present, past and future, a request and a command. 1 song, in 12 languages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment