The Chocolate Room opened in Harrow in May 2013. The shopfront is on station road, not the road with the station but at the T
junction just near the station but opposite the statue of Katie on the opposite side to Debenhams Department store. the shop is a branch of a worldwide group which started in Australia and now has franchises including this one.
It's an amusing place to visit. Tables for two if you have time to stop for a cup of hot chocolate. I was disappointed in the prices. £1.50 for one chocolate. No offer of a free tasting.
We bought three chocolates for £4.50 to eat after Sunday lunch. I was also disappointed in the chocolates. Nothing special. I prefer Thorntons. My companions commented that the Belgian chocolate was rather like good quality Lindt chocolates and smooth rather than greasy. But no special flavour. For stunning flavours I'd choose another brand.
What I did like were the chocolate cups. They were £10 empty, £12 filled with chocolates. How many chocolates inside?
However, on ebay I have bought sets of chocolate cups, four plus postage for a similar price. These cups are white. And the large one which lets you keep a candle underneath to melt chocolate or keep it warm.
I picked up their card which said buy 7 hot drinks and receive a hot drink free. Redeemable only at harrow. See www.thechocolateroomuk.com
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...

No comments:
Post a Comment