Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Chocolate Room, UK, Australia and other countries

The Chocolate Room opened in Harrow in May 2013. The shopfront is on station road, not the road with the station but at the T
junction just near the station but opposite the statue of Katie on the opposite side to Debenhams Department store. the shop is a branch of a worldwide group which started in Australia and now has franchises including this one.
It's an amusing place to visit. Tables for two if you have time to stop for a cup of hot chocolate. I was disappointed in the prices. £1.50 for one chocolate. No offer of a free tasting.
We bought three chocolates for £4.50 to eat after Sunday lunch. I was also disappointed in the chocolates. Nothing special. I prefer Thorntons. My companions commented that the Belgian chocolate was rather like good quality Lindt chocolates and smooth rather than greasy. But no special flavour. For stunning flavours I'd choose another brand.
What I did like were the chocolate cups. They were £10 empty, £12 filled with chocolates. How many chocolates inside?
However, on ebay I have bought sets of chocolate cups, four plus postage for a similar price. These cups are white. And the large one which lets you keep a candle underneath to melt chocolate or keep it warm.
I picked up their card which said buy 7 hot drinks and receive a hot drink free. Redeemable only at harrow. See www.thechocolateroomuk.com

No comments: