Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, April 19, 2014

How to Protect Your Suitcase & Valuables?



   Everything I have is of value to me. Unless I buy a book at a charity shop and wear dirty torn old clothes.
   Whether on business or holiday I like new clothes, new underwear. But I try to keep my camera in my pocket and photograph the contents of my suites at the airport before sealing the bag and checking it in. That way if I have an insurance claim I have proof.
  The trouble is you buy new clothes or goods on holiday. Then you have to bring them home. You can't put everything in carry on luggage.
   When we were living in the USA, we had to bring everything back. We thought goods were safer in suitcases with us than in containers.
  One solution is wearing clothes with large pockets. But what about pickpockets at airports? And happens when you take off your coat when asleep overnight? Or going to the toilet? Other people can access your luggage in the overhead lockers.
    If you see me get off an airline wearing two dresses it's not that I've stolen one. I've bought it. Or decided my two silk dresses are safer on me than in a suitcase.

No comments: