Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yes, you can read NORWEGIAN ! Help for armchair travellers.

   I saw a picture of Hardangerfjord in Norway, a very dramatic picture of a person sitting on a rock projecting over a fjord. Norway, more way. The word looks like ha - danger - fjord.

   Then I read more and saw the words Romantic Rosendal. I clicked on the website and found reference to hotel and karta. My first thoughts were it's not cart, must be menu. No - it's map!

Google translate found me the answer. Here's my growing list:

Norwegian - English

bank - bank
buss - bus
busstasjon - bus station
butikk - boutique / shop / store
dag - day (mandag - monday)
hallo - hello
flyplass - airport
Hotell - hotel
ja - yes
karta - map
kirke - church (like the Scottish kirk)
kredittkort - credit card
museum - museum
nei - no
restaurant - restaurant
sykehus - hospital (like sick house or sicker house)
takk - thanks


More on
goscandinavia.about.com
You'll find links to Danish, Finiish, swedish and Icelandic.

No comments: