Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Taking Photos of Foreign Brides - When you are a foreign tourist

I read about a couple who gatecrashed a wedding in the USA. The bride was cross. The gatecrashing couple apologised and offered to send a belated gift.

What's your view? Here's mine.

I like taking photos. If I go to a hotel and see a pretty bride and a pretty dress I often try to get a photo.

As I'm obviously a tourist, or different race (e.g. Westerner at an oriental wedding) I am sometimes beckoned forward. I immediately compliment the bride on her beautiful dress and wish the couple every happiness.

I only stay or eat or drink if invited to do so. If not, I smile and bow out still smiling for having been allowed to distract from their family gathering.

I am sometimes invited to pose with the bride. I am sometimes asked to give them the photo which I can do immediately from my mobile to theirs.

If the bride is paying for every guest, she might not want to pay fro strangers. If the bride has paid in advance for people who didn't turn up she may be glad to feel popular and admired. it's always polite to approach the hosts, not to scare them but assure them of your goodwill.

No comments: