Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Choosing seats on planes

When I first flew I was scared of heights, frightened by clunking noises. I thought that After somebody explained that the clunking noises.

I used to always request a window seat so that I could look out of the window and take photos. I wanted to see the destination as I came into land, and as we flew over. I enjoyed the clouds. But I was also a nervous flyer.

Why choose an aisle seat?
Aisle seats are easier to exit if you need to check on a spouse, or child or parent in another seat.
Also if you wish to stand up and stretch your legs. Or to go to the toilet.

Later I discovered that fear of heights aggravated my nervousness. I felt less nervous if I sat on the aisle seat, far away from the window, and did not look down.

My other inflight fears included claustrophobia.

if you worry about getting out in an emergency, sit near an exit.

If planes make you claustrophobic, sit on the aisle and look along the aisle.

Or sit on or near the exit seats. They are often allocated to taller or strong looking people.

My next post is about fear of flying.

A famous saying about conquering fear is Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway.
This is a book title.
You might also be interested in my books of quotations.
Quick Quotations has short quotations, lots of easy to remember one liners, saving time remembering for speakers, saving space in articles and books for writers. Quick Quotations is arranged A-Z by subject matter with a few famous people such as Winston Churchill and Mae West having their own entries.

My latest quotations book is Who Said What When? This is arranged by the day of the year from Jan 1st to Dec 31st. I have a quotation for every day about an event, birthday, or death commemorated.  Amelia Earhart who loved flying is featured. More details of my books on Amazon and Lulu.com


No comments: