I thought that a day out of London meant you could not go shopping for dinner in the evening and gifts, but it's surprising what you can find just stopping on the motorway. At this time of year in the UK (and USA) your car boot (trunk in the USA) is often cold enough to keep your goods cool for the rest of the journey/day. In the UK many motorway stops have a branch of Marks and Spencers allowing you to buy a snack for the journey or flowers or pot plants for anybody you are visiting at a destination of back home. You can also stock up with food for dinner or the rest of the week. And an alternative source of food, gifts and cards for Valentine's Day.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
The Joys of Researching Holidays And Business Trips Using AI I am finding Ask Gemini a miracle, a blessing, a time saver, for researching...
Labels
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Hearts outside Marks & Spencers at a Motorway stop
Labels:
cards,
gifts,
hearts,
Marks and Spencer,
motorway stops
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment