Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, February 6, 2015

Valentine's Day gifts and novelties with Hearts

Looking for heart-shape gifts for my wish list, on the internet I discovered several suggestions. On Amazon and Ebay I have found:

Cheese Platters & Coasters
Heart shaped slate cheese platter with two knives and chalk. About £13, some platters alone including postage. Some products are postage free if you make a minimum spend - but often reaching that cost requires two purchases. Some products are postage extra.

Heart shape coasters also in slate.

Other cheese platters in heart shape are made of wood.

Cheeses
Cheeses made in heart shape are available from speciality shops, usually only as a seasonal novelty. You can cut a soft cheese into a heart shape.

Books, Greetings Cards, DIY Cards
I have a book called The Little Book of Love at Work by Nigel Cutts. A red heart is on the cover.

You can cut a heart shape from a piece of red paper and stick it onto an A4 piece of white paper, a greetings card, or a promotional lollipop shape flat oval fan on a stick.



Heart Trouble
Croatia produces attractive heart shaped glazed biscuit on a string like a pendant. I was given one in London at the World Travel Market. I kept it as a piece of jewellery in my costume jewellery box in Singapore. Two summers later, living in a flat without air conditioning, I opened my box and found it teeming with insects. After I had washed it out I discovered a red, white and blue plaited string.  Ah - insects ate it.

Heartfelt Thanks to Croatia
Never mind. I went back to the World Travel Market and was given another souvenir. This one will stay in a cool, cold country.

No comments: