Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
For information on the flag of Uruguay see my previous post on the country. I did a Gemini search for Uruguayan vineyards with a shop. Then...
Labels
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
How To Recognize Tunes in Restaurants and Sing In Tune Using Free Tuning Apps
Problems
1 You hear a song played in a restaurant or shop or even in an elevator (that's an Americanism - the UK we say lift) and want to learn the title.
Answers
Goggle sound or music recognition.
Sometimes one works and the other doesn't in finding the tune. Neither is uniformly better. You just have to try them on while listening to the song - of record a snatch on one device such as a mobile phone and then play it back to a laptop or somebody else's mobile.
My family use two aps
Soundhound
http://evolver.fm/2012/10/10/top-5-apps-for-identifying-songs/
Now you want to sing it in tune:
How to sing in tune using free aps:
One of many such titles on YouTube.
The lady says she has tried half a dozen aps. She recommends this ap which she demonstrates.
It looks like a clock face. The pointers are like an old-fashioned metronome or pendulum and swing about the note on the clock face as you sing. You sing higher or lower and the pointer moves towards a higher or lower note on the scale.
INS tuner
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment