Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Greek For own use, not for publication, could be copyright

 Singapore online toastmasters held a speech marathon.

Two people with the same first name.

Somebody previously warned us not to say second name because anybody with three names has their middle name as their second name. the third or last name is known in British English as the surname.

Our visiting speakers included another Angela from Hong Kong, so we used our surnames as well as our first names. When I spoke I mentioned which Angela I was, and said Angela was a popular name - to make the other speaker feel good about the fact there were two of us.
Yu can change your name if the spelling is incorrect.

Look for the three dots.

Timer

The three dots also enable yu to open ManyCam, which lets you show the timer.

So see the timer, you may need to be in speaker view instead of gallery view.

In Many Cam you go to blank screen and change the colours to green at the minimum time, yellow for getting near the end, one minute to go, red for stop speaking, you reached the time limit.

I could not see the timer when I was speaking. Others also had this problem. I had found that if you are recording your own speech on your handphone the time of the video comes up.

Speaker View Face Close-up

I like to be in speaker view when speaking, so I know what I look like.

Smile, lips and teeth
It is good to see yourself online in close up. I could see that when I smiled broadly, online I showed my crooked lower teeth. I made a conscious effort to hold my lower lip up covering my lower teeth. (That had never seemed to matter in photos of myself speaking on stage, especially if I smiled with my lips closed.)

I was very happy. For the first time I won a ribbon for the best something. In fact I won two ribbons. Best Speech (jointly) and best evaluator (jointly). I reckon that, however you look at it, two halves make a whole, so I won one best ribbon.

No comments: