Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Travelling Safely - what you should say to suspicious characters and leading questions


Safety Signals

When I was in Hong Kong with my husband who was at work, and my young son, I devised a coded message for myself and son. We had one message which said to each other, let's go. It was something like, Daddy's waiting for us. Although Daddy was at work.

We had another phrase meaning, grab my hand and run. It was, 'its getting late now'.

We had somebody ask us if we wanted to see watches. He led us down the street, not to a shop, but to a staircase with lockers. He said, 'It's just at the top of the staircase.' 

We went to the top, still in sight of the street below.

He said, 'Just one more flight'.

I said to my son, 'It's getting late now.' 

We turned and ran down the staircase.

Useful Website

For adults

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/lifehacks/article-11944485/Criminologist-reveals-situations-lie-protect-yourself.html 

Warnings for children

https://www.childsafety.org.au/documents/KeyChildrensSafetyMessages.pdf

No comments: