Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Entertainment for children and adults - Wyvale Garden Centres and Puppets


Wyevale garden centre sells puppets from The Puppet Company at £14.99.
Www.thepuppetcompany.com
The sound is inside the top of the beak unless it has slipped out into the head. 
Check if your puppet has a squeaker and the type of sound or volume.

I bought a carrier bag for storing and transporting my puppets. £2.99.
Designs include horse, cow, goat, blue tit, chicken, or butterfly.
The label says www.esschertdesign.com and I looked at their website to see whether they had other designs which I could order online. However, they are business to business, which means they don't sell to consumers.

Wyevale garden centres include one near Headstone Lane station on the Euston to Watford railway line.

I have the chicken tote bag. I thought that was the most useful as I can use it to talk about birds and animals, as well as food. I use my puppets for speeches.

Angela Lansbury BA Hons
Author, speaker, speech trainer, English tutor.


Unfortunately although the label says the puppets can be used for both entertainment and teaching, because the puppets don't resemble and real creature, they are not much use for a lesson on wildlife or zoos or ecology. However, if you just want to get attention on stage, they are amusing.

We actually went there to buy for planting vines in a garden. They had a good selection of products.

Wyevale Garden Centres website says the company started in 1923 and has been run by three generations of the Williamson family. (My spell checker keeps changing w y e v a l e into weevil.
Wyevale Garden Centres
wyvalenurseries.co.uk
tel:+44(0)1432 845200

Angela Lansbury B A Hons
Author, speaker, speech trainer, English tutor

No comments: