Real Ale Festival, Friday 13 March to Sunday 29 March, says the poster. Flags of the world hang across the Wetherspoons pub, The Moon and Sixpence on bunting (flags on a rope). Wikipedia tells me bunting was originally the fabric used in flags for the navy, but now paper, plastic and other materials are used, and the pictures illustrating the article show that nowadays the flags can be displayed as triangular or oblong or scalloped.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
One of the joys of travel is finding new things overseas and bringing them back home. When we were living in Singapore and came back to Lo...
-
I have been learning German on Duolingo. Some handy words when travelling Several words are the same in German and English. The only differ...
-
The dimpled jugs I saw at Dove restaurant in London, I and my husband liked so much that I ordered them as soon as I got home. I ordered at...
-
If you want to practise your German, (as well as French and Italian) in Switzerland, you have many opportunities. The French speaking parts...
-
Carat shop originally made gold jewellery but now they make stainless steel licensed products and bespoke products. I met them at IAAPA at ...
-
Mr Bean at Leicester Square. Popular Statues Mr Bean is not a has-been. His videos are loved worldwide. In Singapore when I was teaching m...

No comments:
Post a Comment