Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, April 24, 2015

London's Weekend Travel: St George's Day and The Marathon

Saturday 25th April 2015 is The Feast of St George. From noon until 6 pm you can enjoy events at Trafalgar Square.
London.gov.uk/stgeorges

I picked up a red and white flyer at a London station. The cross of St George is red on white. I know. I have the colours and design on a pair of Wellington boots.

The flyer temptingly talks of free fun for everyone, a feast of English food, stalls selling treats, live cookery demos, live music from brass bands, a singalong and knees up, plus a medieval jousting tiltyard to entertain children.

They say, come dressed in red and white to celebrate this national day.

What's more, they invite you to share you event photos.

See next post for Sunday's Marathon.

Angela Lansbury B A Hons, travel writer, author and speaker.

I looked up St George's Day and was horrified to find that the wikipedia entry stating that the date was April 23rd was followed by my post listing the celebrations in London being on the 25th. Then I realised that the festivities were being celebrated on the nearest Saturday, and I had not made an error. To prove it to myself and you I show the leaflet which gave me the information.
on Google 

No comments: