Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, April 10, 2015

Travel Wishlists and Wedding Gifts: Sandcastle Art Museum

The Sandcastle Art museum in Japan is on my wishlist, from yesterday. I've already lost track of where I saw it. Was it on TripAdvisor, or Metro, or The Evening Standard, or the BBC travel website, or the Daily Mail online? Today I found it, Tottori Sand Museum, on TripAdvisor. Tottori is a seaside town known for high sand dunes, on the west coast of Japan. The museum has changing exhibitions.

From Wikipedia. See Wikipedia for more details on this photo and for other pictures.
(For more details see next post.)

Recording A Travel Wish List
My travel organiser vow is to note my wish list immediately on a page in my diary. No room in the diary? I create lists on the blank endpapers of books. In my new diaries I start my making on index of black pages which don't yet have headings.  If I've started a diary late in the year, I re-title earlier pages.

When I go on holiday, I have a wishlist of sights to see at my destination in order or priority.  I check opening hours and closing days. So much easier to research on the computer or laptop at home than trying to do it when looking for an internet connection overseas in a hotel which charges, or an isolated location, or a cafe where you need a code whilst the waiter is busy taking orders from customers.

You may be able to make yourself a wishlist on a wishlists, you can add it to your own profile. Or find a book on it and add it to your reading wishlist, or for your birthday presents wishlist, even guides to read on your honeymoon on your engagement party or wedding list. If nobody buys them for you, you have a note for yourself, and can use cash you are given to buy the books or entry fees.
If you are art lovers and already have everything, perhaps a museum, art gallery or zoo annual membership, or even a life membership of an organisation such as a golf club or a society supporting a National Trust or bird watching with entry to the local centre, safari park, national gardens, restaurant club, wine society or a zoo.

If the books are too inexpensive for a single present, they can be used to top up the expenditure on another gift. For example, in some countries you display gifts on a table with the donor's name, so you might have a book with a display card saying, Aunty May bought us a washing machine and this lovely book on ...  

No comments: