Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, April 10, 2015

I've got a little list: owl cafe, Japan

Here's another for my must see list: Owl cafe in Japan.

I just read about the pop-up own cafe in London. It had to change venue because despite the literally hundreds of people wanting to visit, equally large numbers objected to it on the grounds it was cruel to owls.

I was interested to read that it's illegal to release tame bred in captivity owls into the wild, presumably because they cannot fend for themselves.

One person said that owls don't like to be touched nor stoked. Another claimed that owl love to be petted.

I once encountered an immobile owl on the desk of a safari park. I assumed it was a model and said, that's cute, patting it on the head. It opened it's eyes. I got a shock! It didn't seem particularly upset. But I was.


No comments: