Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, October 28, 2016

Lattika restaurant - what does the name mean?

L a t t a k i a Lebanese restaurant in Hatch End. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. 

Latakia restaurant opened this month in Hatch End in north west London. I popped in and the man I presumed is the new owner ran forward happily to greet me.

I said, "I just popped in to ask a question. What does the name Lattaki mean."

He beamed, "It is a town on the west coast of Syria - where I am from!"

I went off and researched it on the internet. It seems to be a jolly little seaside town with a beach, far from the current troubles.

I wish them well.

See my previous posts on a dessert from their menu.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. See later posts about a meal at Latakia and sites to see in the city in Syria. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: