Pick-pocket proof clothing. Some for women and some for men, gradually increasing the range and colours. What they have so far looks good to me. A bit pricey, but if it saves you that much in time and trouble.
One of the important features is to have double closure. The outside tab, then a zip, or more. This is a new idea for a new outfit for a short or long travel trip.
What about your existing wardrobe? I hate open tote bags and always look for a double zip, along the top plus an inside zipped purse sewn in.
Keeping Keys Safe
In addition to the enemy without, sometimes you are your own worst enemy. You lose your keys. Only to day I waved goodbye to somebody, then noticed they had left their keys in the lock of the front door.
I once had a handbag with a long ribbon ending in a key ring so you could reach the door to open it with the key still attached. That way you could be sure never to leave your keys behind in the door lock. Nor on a chair. Nor lose your keys left in the pocket of the jacket you don't wear when the weather changes.
When the bag got torn and stained I said to somebody, "What a pity you can't take the ribbon out and attach it to another bag." We were both sitting with needles and scissors in front of us repairing things.
The answer was obvious. Just cut the ribbon out of the old bag and sew it into the new one? Wrong colour? Find a matching ribbon. Add a key ring on the end. Many jackets have a D ring on the front for attaching ski lift passes and items you want outside your jacket.
Concealed Pockets
Most other items I've seen have a concealed pocket, in a seam, or inside a jacket, or inside a hat or inside a belt. I like inside pockets. You get them on ski clothing. The other thing I look for is reversible jackets.
After taking items out to pay, you must be sure to put your valuables back in the inside pocket. Zip up the front vertical zip, after getting out your wallet or passport and putting it back.
Here is a link to this company's site. I like the stories about foiled would-be thieves.
Pick-Pocket Proof® Travel Clothing - Innovative Travel Pants & Shirts: Pick-Pocket Proof™ Travel Clothing: Secure urban / outdoor travel pants, shirts & jackets w/ built-in hidden zippered pockets to prevent theft while traveling.
Angela Lansbury, travel writer, author, speaker.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
Labels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment