Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Singapore Swans and Penguins In Orchard Road, Fake, Fun and Real Creatures

I I saw two real white swans on the swan lake in Singapore's Botanical Gardens before I came across the large swan sculpture in the water.

A nearby plaque tells the story of the lake which was drained to remove a crocodile.

Earlier we had read another sign saying that you might be 'lucky' enough to see a monitor lizard, which, the sign reassures you, are timid and likely to retreat.

We saw a lizard about the size of a tall man's shoe. That was a fine size in my opinion. I do not want to meet a lizard which looks like a crocodile.

We took a taxi, actually a Grab, to Orchard Road. Penguins, models of penguins, were abundant.

Penguins and Igloo in Orchard Road. Angela on the left. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


No comments: