Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, February 19, 2021

I was Double booked! Two zoom meetings. Disaster. Embarrassment. Confusion.


This week I was double booked. Online meetings. Whats app messages. Are you free on such and such a date? First of the month.

I replied Yes.

Then I got a message from another: This happens a lot. VIP asks you. Helper chases you. 

Can You confirm you are free on the first of the month?

Yes. 

Now, to me 'confirm' means they already asked, so I assume this refers to the previous event.

The meeting switches from afternoon to evening.

On the evening I log in.

I ask for the meeting program. They say they already sent it.

I can't find it.

Then I get a frantic call from another. Where are you?

Already logged in.

I can't see you.

We go around this whole loop again.

Eventually person two asks if I can see him.

No. But I can see the meeting chair person. Ray.

\Ray is not the meeting chairman. I am 'Harry'.

You are essential. We are waiting for you.'

'Send me the zoom link, Harry.'

I tell the other group,' sorry, gotta, Emergency. I'll explain later.'

From now on I shall insiste that anybody sending me a meeting and a date, must tell me the organization and names of all persons who will be chasing me, to prevent another mix-up.


No comments: