Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, March 29, 2024

What Can You Claim For Accident, Injury or Death At a Concert, Stadium or Plane Crash?


 Compensation Claims

Whenever I read of an event, a disaster, I wonder if the victims or families are all entitled to refund of their concert or football tickets or the air fare in a plane crash. If you have travel insurance, this might exclude hooliganism and terrorism - as I noted when we were in Prague one New Year's Even and our hotel warned us to get our car into a covered and gated car park and off the street, away from drunks, hooligans and falling fireworks. 

After the loss of life in Russia at the Crocus Stadium, I went online to read about compensation claims.

Online Lists of Compansation

I found a website from lawyers who represent accident victims, such as falls in stadiums. THeir list of compensation amounts was interesting. For example, if you injure different parts of your body, different aounts. 

Car Accident Injuries

In the past I have had car injuries. Apart from whether the vehicle drivers ere responsible, the claims are usually dealth with by competing insurance companies. 

Closing A Glaim

What are the factors affecting the claim? Why does it matter.? Can you just move on?. You are often asked to accept a certain sum of money but must sign an agreement that you will not make any later claim. 

Recurring Aches

All very well, but you can find the pain comes back later. 

WW2

Wartime Claims

I was amazed and appalled to find that my father in law could claim for hearing loss, which was in part due to injuries in world war 2, affecting his hearing many years later in old age. 

Reminder Aches

Minor aches and pain are one thing. ut a real reminder.

Car Accident Reminders - Pedestrians

I feel an itch in my leg and rub it. Then I recall that was where I was hit by the car bumper when I was knocked down by a car in Corsica back in 1984.

Stepping On Nails

 I feel a niggle under my foot. I remember I trop on a nail (left by carpet replacment of the flat above ours - sending me into hospital I had just come out of with my new baby, I ws wearing platform slippers). That was 1979. 

Paving Stone Injuries

But that was just minor niggles. I may feel that I am recovering from a fall over a raised paving stone in Brixton, London, this year. But what if the pain recurs, and I am unable to work, or keep waing at night as I turn onto the damaged part, or lose a tooth because I can't brush y teeth because of the numb gum.

Compensation Lists

In addition to claims for pain, the claimant might have claims for loss of earnings. If you cannot work. Or your empolyer takes away your job because of your short or long absence.

Useful Websites

https://www.legalexpert.co.uk/peronsal-injury-compensation/guide-football-stadium-accident-claims/

If you are a friend of mine on Facebook or LinkedIn or inreal life and have any information  please send it to me. 

Please bookmark and share links to this post with anybody who you think might be interested

No comments: