Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Prevention and Cures For Clothing Disasters - When more of you and your underclothes is showing than you intended


 

What are your everyday clothing disasters? At home, or on holiday.

My mistakesi include:
Wrap Around Skirts
1 A wrap around skirt which unwrapped in Little India.
Twenty strange men rushed to help me. I wasn't sure which ones were pickpockets and which ones had wandering hands. But half of them were helpfully pushing away the others. I was providing both a free striptease show and a free wrestling match. Two thousand other little boys and big men stopped to


Flay Away Hats
2 My large brim hat which blew off in the taxi from the airport in Cambodia. The taxi was a motorcycle trishaw, open-sided, no protection against flying objects. The motorcycle's speed over potholes created a switchback effect requring both hands to hang on, plus a nine force gale causing the hat to levitate. My hat disappeared under a passing lorry and flattened. As I looked back, I saw it boomerang around both sides of the road, causing near accidents. By the time we had explained to our driver,

Round ht elaastic can go aat the back under your hair.
I like to tie aa flat ribbon aat the front, like an old fashioned bonnet. Under your chin a cord elastic is uncomfortable. You are better off with flat thi hat elastic.

Tip
Fasten all wrap-around skirts with two ssmall safety pins or two secure brooches for extra security.
Sew small snaps (the UK term is press studs) to secure skirts and wwrap-over tops.

Please share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: