Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
For information on the flag of Uruguay see my previous post on the country. I did a Gemini search for Uruguayan vineyards with a shop. Then...
Labels
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Hong Kong's Airport Train And What You See
We bought a return ticket for the train from Hong Kong airport. The train, like the airport, is a spacious, comfortable, luxury delight.
The line is very simple, only a few stops. AsiaWorld Expo; Airport ...
A video shows you interesting features. I watched a film about Thailand where senior citizens go to school once a week and enjoy dressing up in school uniform and re-lving their childhood as well as learning skills, doing exercise and making friends.
An idea which other countries could copy. For the active elderly we have day care centres where you are offered varied options of crafts, sewing, and singing, as well as manicure and hairdressing (at extra cost).
But a 'school' with a uniform (creating neatness of dress, rich and poor alike, and a sense of sharing and belonging) is a different variation on this idea.
Out of the window I saw different sights. In the city centre you pass the Observation wheel, Hong Kong's waterfront equivalent of the London Eye and Singapore's wheel.
Nearer the airport is the port area with shipping.
A hill has the cemetery. The Chinese like cemeteries built on hills, where I presume the spirits of the dead can enjoy the view and be nearer to heaven.
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.
Labels:
Airport,
cemetery,
hill,
Hong Kong,
MTR,
Observation wheel,
Octopus card,
Train
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment