Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Times Square, Hong Kong



Confusingly when you are trying to find directions on internet maps, but the USA and Hong Kong have Times Square.

Hong Kong's Times Square
Unlike New York's outdoor Times Square, Hong Kong's Times Square is a modern indoor shopping mall. It was nine floors of shops, restaurants, and cafes, with a children's area and cinema at the top. Inside the glass sided lift shoots up and down the atrium. Ride up it and you get heady views of the central area diminishing below.

In the evening I heard the echo of music from afar and when I got near I saw a young band playing music to an appreciative crowd.

MRT Station
The MTR train station is underneath. However, if you are meeting somebody at Times Square, there are several exits. Another delay and possible confusion is that it can take you ten minutes to walk around the station. A handy map, which I found after using the station half a dozen times, shows the station has three levels with two long corridors. One curved corridor slopes, which is tiring when you are walking up. Surprisingly the curved corridor is tiring to walk down as well.

I managed to find a member of my family by agreeing to meet at exit A.

Map
I could not find a detailed map giving the smaller streets around the station. However, I photographed the station's poster map on my mobile phone, then planned to use the photo on my mobile phone to find my way around when up at ground level.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer, author and photographer

No comments: