Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, October 31, 2020

My Halloween Props For a Zoom Meeting of Speakers


You can see behind me the backdrop showing spooky eyes and spiders' webs and the words Happy Halloween. The backdrop is a plastic tablecloth.

 I was Toastmaster of the Day at a meeting of Singapore International Dynamic Speakers. Thanks to: the President and meeting host Willie Loh who organized a conference call so we could plan the meeting, speakers, rol holders and strategy.

Alicia VPE was the co-host, wearing a white mask. I wondered why she looked so serious and didn't laugh at my jokes. Then I realised she was wearing a mask!

Best fancy face was Jennifer Lim who face painted white with neat black streaks around the eyes and on the nose.

Excellent table topics from polyglot CJ who had the numbers on a spooky castle.

The winner of table topics was Aaron who quoted, begin with the end in mind from a Toastmasters International champion. Patricia as Language Evaluator pointed out that in English a sentence starts with a subject(not a verb. She ended with a quotation: I'll try again tomorrow.

Lee Buckley gave a well researched speech on Halloween, in costume.

A speaker as well as evaluator was Kannan - how tenacious, (Patricia's word of the day). Owen was our other Evaluator.

. The online club meets every Friday evening at a time convenient for Australia, Singapore, the UK and USA.

I have bought halloween props from supermarkets in the UK: Morrisons, Tesco, Marks & Spencer.

No comments: