Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, August 23, 2021

Vietnamese Spring rolls from kosher Korner Kitchen At Canons Corner - containing duck and rice vermicelli! No shellfish!





 Late afternoon we needed food for supper and a friend who lives nearby recommended this restaurant. At first sight the decor seemed to me a bit spartan, like a Japanese place, but the warmth of the Jewish staff brightened up my mood, and I reflected that in Covid-19 times a wipe clean environment rather than carpets, curtains and tablecloths is probably better for hygiene and health and safety.

At first I found the menu and strange names confusing. But I opted for Duck in a green wrap spring roll, and chicken kebabs. We had a refreshing and different meal.

The leftovers a day later were still delicious and different. I liked the shredded cucumber. It reminded me of  one of my family's favourite dishes, Chinese Peking duck, also duck, with shredded duck and shredded spring onion in a pancake wrapper. I have been to Vietnam and could not remember nor enthuse about Vietnamese food but after this experience I am converted.

I have a couple of friends who insist on eating either kosher or vegetarian or pescarian food so this would suit them. 


Korner Kitchen Delivers

They deliver locally. They said they will deliver as far as Hatch End if your order is over thirty pounds, which we thought was achievable and reasonable.

Korner Kitchen

4 Canons Corner, Stanmore,  Middlesex HA8 8AE

Tel 020 7018 6950

Useful Websites

www.kornerkitchen.co.uk

https://healthynibblesandbits.com/fresh-vietnamese-spring-rolls-with-video/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%E1%BB%8Fi_cu%E1%BB%91n

https://therekosher.com/kosher/korner-kitchen-glatt-meatparev/


No comments: