Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, August 23, 2021

Spectacles and Straps for Travelling and Staycations

 

I need sunglasses but don't like carrying two pairs. My new glasses are Reactolite so I need only one pair when travelling. After you have protected your eyes with sunglasses, you need to protect your sunglasses.

Protective Case

I travel with a hard spectacle case to put on the bedside table. Also to use inside a handbag. I don't want to risk dropping my glasses, treading on them or sitting on them.

Finding Glasses

I choose a bright colour. So I can find them easily when searching. Also to not leave them behind accidentally. I can recognize my glasses and not think those in a black case belong to somebody else.

Glasses for travelling

If I am likely to be driving I take a spare pair with me. The old pair will do.

Donate

What can you do with unwanted glasses? Donate them to charity.


Neck Chains

Neck chains are handy if you want to sleep on the plane, sitting up.


Reading menus

Borrow glasses from somebody sitting nearby.


Reading maps

A flat magnifier like a credit card


Prescription Record

Travel with a copy of your prescription. Keep it on your phone or laptop.


Useful Websites

Reading credit card pocket magnifier - set of three for under two pounds sterling

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sme/dragon-store2012/Buy-1-get-1-at-8-off/so.html?

https://www.amazon.sg/s?k=sunglass+strap

No comments: