Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sandals for the Hotel or Holiday Swimming Pool Or Beach

 


The brand leader are Crocs.
I have a second hand pair of Crocs in yellow.
The real deal - Crocs.


You can wear the strap at the front or at the back. It rotates on a circular fixing.

The Yellow Sandals
In this picture I have matched up the yellow shoes with a yellow swimming ring. I found them abandoned. I washed them off. Because they were dirty. And somebody else had worn them. This was before Covid-19. For several months I did not wear them. They looked big and clonky. Then my other shoes were wet. So I tried them on. The Crocs soon became a regular alternative shoe, until they became my every day shoes.

I wear my yellow shoes all day indoors around the home. The shoes, or rather, sandals, look rather clompy with smart clothes. However, they are comfortable and quick to put on and off for photos or when jumping into the shower to cool down in Singapore. And when you come out of the shower with wet feet.

The latest Crocs were on sale at a store in Orchard Road in Singapore, in two shades or orange, dark and light. I liked them very much, despite the high price, even after the sale discount.

I would have bought them, but they were a size too large. I am a size 4 in one foot and four and a half in the other. I buy size five boots to be sure they fit. I can add a pair of socks inside boots, but boots which are too small on the foot or ankle are impossible to wear so size five is the best option 

The much cheaper pair I bought online are another brand, Surf2, and are shiny rather than matt.
However, size 5 in the clogs was still large so I re-ordered from another company in size 4. If they prove too small I shall hunt for size four and a half.

Holy Holes
What do I like about the shoes? The back strap keeps them more secure than ordinary slip-on shoes. This means less clenching of my toes which if unchecked turns them into hammer toes. The Thick toes reduced the chance of your toes stubbing against a tree root or step. protects your toes. Yet the open back and the holes on top reduces rubbing against wet shoes. The skin has access to the air and the shoes dry quicker.

I have also seen oblong holes. Not quite so elegant and soothing as the round holes. I prefer round holes.

Update - Quick Delivry 
Unbelievably the shoes I ordered about six in the evening in London UK, on a Friday, arrived by early afternoon the next day, Saturday. I am a member of Amazon Prime and get free next day delivery. Usually I don't need it. I think I joined some time ago when I needed items urgently for repairs or furnishing for a flat for tenants, or to fix a water leak. I thought, it might be an allowable business expense, and if not I just must have it anyway, with the decoration needed for the tenants moving in. I think I then found the system handy or just never cancelled. If the rest of the family need stuff urgently, or I do, I make sure of ordering it on the prime account.

They are called 2Surf.
The symbol is a triangle with a C shape surf wave. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


When you are travelling and find your old shoes have fallen apart, and you need shoes in a hurry, or want to be sure they are delivered when you are there at home to sign for them, it's handy.

Useful websites

No comments: