Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, August 16, 2021

Visit Buckingham Palace Grounds to Picnic Or Order Online Tea, Biscuits, Marmalade and Magnets

 






My son went to Buckingham Palace gardens with his wife.
 They brought me back this golden covered notebook. It has the royal crown symbol on the front. The top and bottom corners of the front cover are reinforced with metal corners.



 The back has a label which says 'Made in Great Britain from recycled leather'. For me the recycled leather was the greatest novelty. The price was six pounds ninety five pence.


I asked my son what he thought of the visit to the gardens. 

He said, "We enjoyed it because we were lucky with the weather. And the company I work for took me out for lunch before we went there so we did not need to buy any food or drink. It was worth it just to say you've been. But I would not bother to go again. We did not pay extra to see the rose garden. I have seen roses before. I wanted to see the island in the middle of the lake. But that was not accessible."

Shopping Online
Looking at the online shop, you could plan your purchases in advance to discuss with family what they want. Plum preserve at under five pounds seems reasonable, a red apron for twenty pounds. I consider over a hundred pounds for a two or three tier cake stand is excessive. But a tartan umbrella for about 15 pounds might be just your thing.

Useful Websites

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/The_Garden_Front.jpg

No comments: