Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Why Change Your Location Settings? On Laptops, Mobile Phones, Ipads

 Where are you?


Where am I? Who wants to know? The websites trying to sell to you.

Regarding website searches, if  my laptop says I am in Singapore I get links to sites in Singapore. This happens when I travel to the UK or elsewhere. The same things happens in reverse. I can travel from the UK to Singapore and when I arrive in Singapore all the websites come up as if I am still in the UK.

 If you click on a link which says a country other than where you are, you may have to change your settings to allow the laptop or phone to know where you are. I turned that off, wanting to disguise my location for security reasons. However, I then found all my websites were for the wrong country because all the websites I clicked on did not know where I was.

 If you have clicked on the links I have included in my blog posts, and you find a website for the wrong country, simply note the supplier such as Amazon, and do your own search with the keywords for the product. You might want to add the name of the country you are in or to adjust your settings.

Useful Websites

No comments: