Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, March 24, 2022

How much do you weigh? How to convert kilos to stones and pounds

Selfie photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


I weigh myself every morning, to find out whether my weight has gone up or down.

BMI

Your bmi is your height and weight ratio taking into account your age. You can find charts which tell you whether you are within the ideal range, or too high or too low.

Weigh what you eat

You can weigh what you eat. But an alternative is simply to look at your plate. Losing weight or adding weight is not complicated. If you look at what is on your plate and in your glass, that is what will fill out your stomach. 

Reasons For Weight Variation

Your weight is likely to vary a bit daily, regardless, because of slight variations in how much you ate or drank, when you last used the toilet, how much you perspired in the night.

If you keep a one year check you can plot how much you are going up and down. You could write your weight in your diary every day.

Stone and Pounds

I grew up with stones and lbs. I know I was 7 stone 7 as a teenager so I was thinking of that as my ideal weight. It was an easy to remember number. I knew that really heavyweight people were 20 stones!

How To Record A Chart

You might find it useful to print off a chart and stick it in the back of your diary. If you have a small diary, you could highlight just the relevant numbers such as your current weight and your target weight. Cut that out and fold it and stick it in the back cover of your diary. Or copy the highlighted part into a photo on your mobile phone.


Useful websites 

thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/kg-to-stones-pounds.php

No comments: