Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Postage Stamps Of Ireland



 The postage stamps of Ireland feature well-known Irish figures and other famous people from around the world. I am indebted to the list in Wikipedia for drawing to my attention the fact that Australian painter Nolan, famous for paintings of Ned Kelly, was of Irish descent.

After writing several blog posts on Ireland, I used the information I had gathered for creating slides for a 5-7 minute speech at Tampines Changkat Advanced Toastmasters club about St Patrick's Day. 

The feedback I received from the official evaluator of my speech was that I should include humour. 

I had shied away from telling Irish jokes because I am not Irish. However, in the light of this comment, I have researched some jokes, and witticisms by Irish writers. I shall write about Irish humour in my next post.

Useful Websites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_the_postage_stamps_of_Ireland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Nolan

No comments: