Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Singapore's Shopping Malls At MRT railway stations - Bukit Panjang's Hillion Mall



 I postponed visiting the mall to do grocery shopping for months. But one day I needed fruit, sushi and chicken. I could get tinned food and bread and yogurt and vegetables from corner shops. But I needed fruit.

So, off I went. To Hillion Mall. It is at the far end of the Downtown line. I like end of line stations. When going to them, you cannot make a mistake and overshoot the stop. Coming back, no problem, no choice, all the trains are going back the other way. (The only choice is, sometimes, which of the two trains, if there are two waiting will go first.

The good thing about Singapore is the frequency of the trains. Mostly three to five minutes. 

What is good about the Hillion Mall? Firstly, the little train ride for children running outside. Not always there. But often throughout the year. For a small fee. Even if you don't have children, it is amusing to watch.

At the entrance to the mall are the popular fast food places. McDonald's. And the popular coffee shops. Starbucks. 

At the far end is Fairprice. I had looked at ordering online. Unfortunately, you had to wait two days for some deliveries. At that rate it was quicker to go myself.

No comments: