Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, April 22, 2022

Brands or bargains! Next things to do in Nex Shopping Mall, Singapore: Food, luxury lipstick, bargain brollies and masks, bargains for the house

 We started by meeting in Food Republic.

Food Republic

Food republic has chicken rice and tofu. Last time I had chicken which was boiled. This time I chose roast chicken, which was dry. A mistake. The tofu seemed dry and overcooked as well.

Look up and you will see the hanging plants. I liked the quotation:



Flowers Feed the soul.

The back wall is glass looking out on the path outside and the grass, with buildings beyond.

Food Junction

Upstairs is another food court, Food Junction. One area has windows from up high looking down.


This is where we will meet with our toastmasters International club, Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Club committee for tea and chat. 
I must admit I liked the idea of macaroons at ten dollars. And a juice bar.

After lunch we went shopping. 

Masks

I saw red paper concertina disposable masks. But I wanted fabric reusable washable masks.

I looked at masks. One mask for about two and a half (or three or three fifty). Five masks for ten dollars, which is two dollars each or one extra mask free. I chose fabric masks with tiny imitation crystals, in black and red and wine.  Another mask with small rainbow coloured stripes of sequins for an evening.

We wanted a tape measure or ruler cheaply and went upstairs to bargain store Value. My friend likes to buy cleaning materials. But I was more interested in novelties. I saw socklets in various colours.
Then umbrellas. 

Lipsticks in Sephora 
My friend had bought me a beautiful lipstick for my birthday. An elegant case. Brand Givenchy. From the shop Sephora, upstairs in Nex shopping mall.




The assistant had known it was for somebody else, for a gift, and a birthday, so she gave a coloured mesh bag. I was really pleased.



Since I had already had a purchase from there, I simply photographed the outside of the shop so I could find it again, and we hurried on looking for clothes and accessories.

Socklets
Socklets at around two dollars seemed handy for when my toe nail vanish is getting chipped. Or my strappy shoes are catching on a toe.

Umbrellas
I bought two umbrellas, green and patterned green. Another option was pink.

Useful Websites (alphabetically)

Givenchy

Japan Home

Nex
Food Junction

Food Republic, Basement 2 (same level as the Serangoon bus interchange -  in the UK we would say bus station)
(Cold Storage supermarket is the same level) and Selfix DIY
Basement 1 has a Jollibee (Philippine), and Five Guys and Selfix DIY
Level 1 has Isetan, H & M, Bata, Cotton on, Uniqlo 
Level 2 Courts, Watsons, Giordano
Level 3 Fairprice Xtra, Pizza Hut
Level 4 Food Junction, K Shoes, Japan Home, Valu$, Popular, Shaw Theatre
Level 4R has the public library

Sephora

Valu$ (also written as ValuDollar)
Many more locations including Clementi, Bukit Panjang Plaza, Changi City Point basement by the MRT exit, and many more.


 







No comments: