Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, April 4, 2022

Drinks at The Tanglin Club, from Prosecco to Tiger beer

  

Angela, selfie with a glass of Prosecco.

Before leaving home, I had a shower and washed my hair. I used conditioner to make my hair a bit less fly away.

The selfie came out slightly blurred.. However, my Samsung mobile phone, in editing, offered the option 'enhance'. I had seen this option previously. Then it disappeared. I now suspect that when its program detects a slightly blurred picture it offers enhance. The result is still slightly blurred, but it does me a favour. I look less baggy eyed and wrinkly. Much more flattering.

Prosecco Picture
The Prosecco does not have big visible bubbles like the more expensive Champagne. However, you can feel a slight tingling on your tongue. We were in the grand, large, formal, Churchill Room restaurant. My husband had been reading a book about Churchill, so, at last, being in the Churchill Room did not feel like an anachronism, but relevant.

The picture is reversed right to left. I just realised that when reading the Happy Birthday wording on the hat.

Wine Dinners
The club also has a series of wine dinners, one a month. visitors pay a little more than members. (Members are paying a monthly fee in addition to any meals they order, towards the upkeep of the club and staff. In lieu of gratuities, members are asked to pay a lump sum at Chinese New Year.)

BYO
We went to the Tanglin on a Monday because Monday lunch time they have BYO, bring your own (bottle of alcohol).  No corkage is charged.

Tiger Beer
Across the entrance hallway is the Tavern, a mock English pub, with a lower ceiling and beams, where the current offer (April 2022) is two glasses of Tiger beer for the price of one, we were told by one of the Tavern regulars.

Useful Websites
Prosecco
Tanglin Club

No comments: