Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Contest Season For Toastmasters Worldwide - where to watch and what to wear

 


Angela Lansbury in red Be Jealous jacket, and folding brim baseball cap, and red flowers. Photo taken using Angela's Samsun, by friend Josie with Josie's riotous red flowers.

I initially wanted to perform on Zoom to save the travel time and travel stress. Then I realised I could visit a show at Ewxpo at the same time, and use more dramatic gestures, and not have to worry about poor sound quality on zoom, losing the connection, or having the top of my head missing, or losing the drama of waving my hands.

I dressed in red for dramatic effect and to keep myself awake.

On my way out I passed this great plant and my friend Josie rushed out to greet me and helped take a photo of me alongside the plant.

 593 Dress of the day for a speaking contest


Angela before the speech contest for Area S5. 

Looking at this photo, I realise that my red jacket is falling off my right shoulder, because of a longstanding problem of a broken collar bone from a car accident. My standing with my arm on a shelf helps, but not enough. 

I should also have combed my hair, which I did later. If you don't look good in photos, don't retreat and say, I don't look good in photos. The photo is telling you the truth. A reminder of what you need to do to improve your appearance. I must go off and add some king of brooch or tie to the jacket.



Angela speaking on stage. I forgot to take photos on stage before the contest. I was busy rehearsing the words of my speech and sorting out the props.



Angela on stage with Division S banner, Div S5 director, and fellow contestants, Angeline far right, and Ryan far left.



Div S speech contests.

Div S speech contests.


Angela Lansbury in red, white and black. On second thoughts, or looks, the dress has brown disc patterns on the left of the central column.

Hat
New Year's Even paper hat saved from a New Year's Eve event.
It needs elastic to stop it falling off.

Black, Red and White Print dress
Second hand from Refash.

White Sleeves
White sleeves attached to a small size bodice. I cut the elastic around the top of the arms.

Red sandals. 

Free-step. Size 4.

Useful Websites

Lots of pretty sandals are on Amazon at all prices, with delivery prices and availability varying by country. 


Please save and share links to your favourite posts.
More photos and comments on this event on the BHA Facebook page.
Red jacket
Be Jealous

Useful Websites

No comments: