Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Live Poetry Readings On Zoom



 

You can join poetry readings on Zoom. Each poet is allowed 2 poems, about five minutes in total. The convenors like to have your name and someone to vouch for you.


The theme was love.

I hunted through my poetry worksbook for a poem on love.


I could only find a limerick.


Jill wrote to me by direct message in the chat


Jill Sharon Kimmelman wrote

Outstanding inking Angela

I especially enjoyed the first limerick/light-hearted poetry.


P Suvarna wrote to everyone about me

Love is a link which saves life 

Love is great 

Great poem, Angela, madam 


The convenors and others comment and praise the poems.


That was awesome lucilla

Lantern Carrier  to  Everyone 22:55

Lucilla> 'in the narrow hours of sunset, nothing else matters.' Your words and images are so beautiful!!! Amazing!! - Lantern


One poem went: 'I had no idea ....' as a refrain repeated at the start of each sentence.

A commentator said: "You said, 'no idea' - but you had many ideas!"

I wrote


That was awesome, Lucilla'


Lantern Carrier  to  Everyone 22:55

Lucilla> 'in the narrow hours of sunset, nothing else matters.' Your words and images are so beautiful!!! Amazing!! - Lantern


The groups I went to had many poets, 18 to 36, all reading two poems, then the convener asking for verbal comments in addition to the Zoom chat comments.

The theme was Valentine's. 


Dramatic Dress

I was already wearing a blouse with pink hearts.

I noticed on zoom the hearts looked very small. You need one large heart.

You could draw a heart on a white tee-shirt. Make a template or stencil.


You will find lots of poetry groups though Facebook.

Please share links to your favourite posts. Please add me to the whatsapp groups of poetry readings.

Useful Websites

Facebook.com - Angela Lansbury Poetry which rhymes

The fertile brains


No comments: