Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Airport Adventures: butterflies, beer, wine, weddings, gourmet hampers

Choose the right airport and a plane delay is not so bad. You can also arrive in good time and find amusement.

I've not yet found an airport better than Singapore's Changi. Spacious and clean. Any room for improvement? Yes, please put luggage trolleys at all plane exits. Arriving from London you get off with coats and clothes which are too heavy for a tropical climate, booze bought at Heathrow or on the plane, a newspaper or two, plus hand luggage, and a handphone to alert friends, relatives, or taxis of your arrival. You need a trolley. The airport could also arrange for trolleys all the way through.

I must admit I have never noticed the jumbo slide at Singapore airport. Not that I'd have used it. I always wanted to see the butterfly garden but somehow I'm always in the wrong terminal.

Marrying at the airport (Amsterdam) is a good idea. Your family can fly in for the wedding and fly straight out. No problems getting to the airport to fly off for the honeymoon.

Munich airport has a popular brewery and South Africa intends to copy the idea with wine. I though airports sold alcohol. Good for visitors I suppose. You want to keep your wits about you for boarding a plane.

Heathrow is offering gourmet picnics to take on board. That's a great idea.

www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2828922/Taylor-Swift-concerts-outdoor-skating-rinks-site-breweries-butterfly-conservatory-

No comments: