Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Burgundy's Reproduction Medieval Castle (work in progress!) now on BBC TV

Want to know how to build a medieval castle? (For the man who has everything.) You can't get it in time for Christmas because they are still building it. (I know - building work always takes forever.) 

At the World Travel Market I stopped at the Burgundy stand and I wrote up my account of the medieval castle building in one of my travel posts for you.
Now Mr Christopher Kelly has written to tell me you can see it on TV.



The BBC 2 series "The secrets of the Castle" at 9pm next Tuesday, 18th November.  The last of the five programmes includes sequences filmed in Vezelay http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04sv5nc 
Should you urgently need any information, please contact us.
Chalon : Jérome Marché, Tel : + 33 (0)3 85 46 65 89 jeromemarche@achalon.com    www.achalon.com 
Guédelon : Sarah Preston, Tel : + 33 (0)3 86 45 69 15 sarah.preston@guedelon.fr
    www.guedelon.frVézelay : Agnès Millot, Tel : + 33 (0)3 86 33 23 69 , vezelay.otsi@wanadoo.fr    www.vezelaytourisme.com

Burgundy is in France. Take a look at this map. It's nearer to the Channel ports than I remembered. If you've driven south through France down east from the Paris area towards Chamonix for skiing you may have passed though Dijon, or you might wish to take this route on your next trip.


I must admit I could not place Vezelay. You've probably heard of Santiago de Compostela. Santiago is Saint John translated into another language. The basilica is a pilgrimage point and   
a world heritage site.

More travel information on the Basilica you can visit in Vezelay:
http://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Vézelay




No comments: