Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What's New In The World Travel Market & Holidays and Banksy's Bristol

HOLIDAY DOMAIN NAME
The domain name holidays.com is being auctioned off at this year's World Travel Market in London, England. (I add England because our mail addressed to London was sent to London in Canada after we left the USA and friends and companies over there put London without specifying England.) I imagine people in Paris, Texas, lose a few things, too. Back to the subject of my first sentence, what a memorable domain name. I wonder who will pay the most and win the unforgettable name. When I know I'll tell you in another post.

DLR
  I learned that snippet of information from the Metro which I read on the train on my way to Excel in East London. Also on my journey, I took the Docklands Light Railway. How efficient were the big signs for the show and the orange jacket staff were telling us which platform when we changed trains. Posters proclaimed the fact that most customers were satisfied with DLR (90 per cent) and most of their trains ran on time. (Nearly 99% is the figure I remember.)
 
BRISTOL, BRUNEL, BANKSY
Whilst sitting on the DLR train I chatted to the girl sitting beside me, whose name was Anna, same as my email name. (I'm Angela - but hundreds of other no doubt delightful ladies called Angela had wanted the domain name before the second I hit the grab it now key.) The other Anna, the real Anna was from Bristol, Brunel's Bristol, Bristol, famed for the landmark Suspension Bridge.
  Brunel built the railways, the tunnel under the Thames in London, the railway on from Paddington west to Bristol, and the ship which took travellers on to the USA and brought them back to the old country. I asked her about where you could find stories about Bristol's most famous fictional and real sailors between Bristol and the USA.
  You can still visit the old attractions I saw on my previous visits to cliffside Bristol with its cliffside hotels and restaurants. Last time I saw the inn - nowadays we cal it a pub, associated with RLS and Treasure Island. Another museum honours those prominent families who made money in the slave trade and whose children then abolished the slave trade, and whose great-grandchildren and descendants come back to see the history.
  Bristol's latest accolade is the European city of greenery, first cycling city, and the website will tell you more about famous characters such as Plimsoll of the Plimsoll line, Banksy murals - I'll Tell you more later.
Destination Bristol
PR and Marketing Executive
Anna Slade
53 Queen Square , Bristol BS1 4LH
e:anna.slad@destinationbristol.co.uk
tel:+44 (0)117 9462205
www.visitbristol.co.uk

   

No comments: