Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Costa Northwood - Bigger and Better

Costa Coffee shop in Northwood seems to have grown, literally bigger, and much better, since I last visited, perhaps as long as six months ago. Better choice of food. Bigger seating area. More spacious.

Inside it now has attractive murals of Italy giving it a jolly Mediterranean atmosphere. The mural remind me of holidays when you relax and have unlimited time.

No longer a small corner shop, it has expanded, lots of seating and choice of outlooks. I chose the bright, open outlook of the front looking onto the road and across the high street. At a busier time, or for a change, I might choose the side facing onto the quieter side/road alley.

Alternatively, choose the privacy of the windowless side without the distractions of movement or noise from outside traffic. The background music adds jollity and extra privacy for your own conversation, as well as protecting you from the distraction of other people's chatter.

Parking
I was afraid to take my car. A relative assured me that it's possible to park so we went in his car. The parking area opposite the library behind Ask Italian restaurant allows 30 minutes free parking but you must take a ticket and display it to show when you arrived.

I frowned and said, 'We've only ten minutes to walk there and ten minutes back means only ten minutes to have coffee.'

The retort was, 'But it's only two minutes to Costa, so you have nearer twenty minutes.'

Food and Drink
We had time for a warmed melted cheese toasted sandwich, a slice of chocolate cake, an almond slice and a cup of coffee with a decoration on the topping.

My reason for preferring Costa is the almond slice. As you see in the picture, it has real almonds on top. Also chunks of real almond in the filling. Admittedly it is rather sweet, and despite looking small, it breaks my calorie allowance. I usually try to share it with somebody.

I chose to sit next to the newspapers. They had the Metro and Evening Standard and The Times. It was near 5/6pm so we were able to have high tea/early supper and still find a newspaper to read.

A quick race back, pausing carefully and looking both ways on the Zebra Crossing.

No parking charge.

Cards
The Costa card requires you to log online to register it. You can also buy gift cards which are displayed immediately above the Costa Cards. In a hurry, I grabbed one of the gift cards thinking it was a Costa Card, realised my mistake and swapped it for the Costa Card.

Angela Lansbury, BA Honours, travel writer, author, speaker.


No comments: