Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, July 9, 2015

The best seats on the plane?

How do you get the best seats? It depends what you consider the best seat.
I used to think I was winning with the window seat. But now I'll always opt for the aisle.

Yes, for years I preferred the window seat. Why? I liked to be able to look at the clouds. I thought it was less claustrophobic. I liked to see new countries as I flew over them and came into land. I liked to be able to sleep against the wall.

Then one day I was given an aisle seat. I decided that if I hated heights and felt claustrophobic, the best place to be on a plane was in the aisle. You have somewhere to run. You don't get tense trying not to go to the toilet because it involves waking two sleeping people and climbing over the person with the aisle seat who has bad ankles, can't stand upright, and thinks you must be a pole vaulter.

If the plane is near empty and you want to lie down, you are better off in the central bank of four seats than in the sets of three. So if I plan to sleep, I pick a seat in the bank of four.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3152127/How-best-seats-without-paying-Experts-reveal-tricks-trade-scoring-cheap-tickets-having-row-yourself.html

Angela Lansbury, travel writer, author, speaker.

No comments: