Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Spanish word of the day - leche, means milk

Are you a beginner or advanced at learning Spanish. I read an article on eight words which are used in Spanish phrases. At the end of the article I could not remember the longer phrases enough to sue them, although I might have been able to recognise them and understand their meaning if I heard them. However the good result was that I learned or was reminded of the common word in all the phrases.

Living in a country, you acquire vocabulary on a daily basis without effort. If you want to learn a foreign language, just by reading something in that language or about language every day you are gradually acquiring more knowledge. Anything is better than nothing. A word is day is 365 a year. One hundred words plus gestures is get by. One thousand words is considered a working vocabulary.

When I was studying French for A level I carried a notebook in my pocket or bag to read whenever I was waiting at a bus stop or railway station. I simply divided each page into two columns and wrote new words with French on the left and English on the right.

Most stationery shops and supermarkets sells small notebooks, lightweight, no trouble to carry. Without a ruler you can use a book to mark the column or even simply fold the page in half.

I should do that for Spanish. An alternative is to use the note pages at the back of your diary.

http://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/favorite-spanish-words?slc=engmag-a15-info-favoritespanishwords-tb&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=CON&utm_campaign=cd_engall_gen_cuk_spanishwords

Angela Lansbury, travel writer, author, speaker.

No comments: