Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Mama Pacha menu

I went to their website and pulled up the menu. As far as I can see, the Deep South is pulled chicken, pulled beef, rice, beans, lettuce, celery and creole sauce.
The Happy Buddha has noodles.
Babajee, the Indian subcontinent version has coriander and lime.
Greek chic has feta cheese and avocado.
The vegetarian option has no meat but includes humus.

You will see on the menu or can ask if and when you go there. The person I spoke to was jolly and friendly.

How much? The Mama Meal is £5.95, which is a wrap or salad box with tortilla chips and a can of soft drink.
Sides include avocado chunks.
Extra £1 for any of these: spicy rice, black beans, cheese, pulled chicken or pulled beef.

I was a bit confused by pulled chicken? At first I thought it was some kind of reformed pate including the gristle and innards. On second thoughts it might be just chicken pulled off the bone and shredded. My search did not produce a lot of scary warnings, instead comments such as 'my little boy loves pulled chicken'.
I must admit I like chicken and do not want to pay for mostly bone and crack my teeth on a chicken wing or leg, so pulled chicken for a sandwich is the thing.
Angela Lansbury, travel writer, author, speaker.

No comments: