Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A few words of Spanish

Today a friend who is a past president of a Toastmasters International speakers' club wrote to me about learning languages.

¿Hola Angela, como es tú español? I use Duolingo every day but I found trying to study 3 or 4 at the same time to be quite confusing! I am also looking forward to trying Greek but for a real challenge you should try Hungarian!
LikeReply2 hrs
Angela Lansbury Gracias. (Ay - eso es todo.) Todavía necesito traductor Google. Copiar y pegar.

In case you haven't worked it out, he asked, 'Hello, Angela, how is your Spanish?"
I replied, "Thank you. (Alas that is all.) I still need to use Google translate. Copy and paste."
The translation was done by Google. I translated back into English and Google told me todavia is Spanish for however. 

Angela Lansbury, travel writer, author, speaker, teacher of English literature, English language, and creative writing. 

No comments: