Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Italy promoting wines, breads, oil, cheese and coffee






This event was a trade only show on Sunday and Monday. It is open to the public on Tuesday. At about 10.30 a bottle of wine will be arriving outside. I suggest you arrive and collect your badge earlier. I have several posts on what I enjoyed.

First the food and drink: Events: I went to a coffee tasting organised by Lavazza, a wine tasting on Prosecco. Stalls: I saw many more coffees and wines, salamis, and tried sausages, cheeses including blue cheese, pizza, tomatoes, several varieties of panettone (bread with sultanas in a dome shape, popular at Christmas time and all year, the most delicious Sicilian pastries with fruits and almonds, and pistachio ice cream. 

As for novelties: my favourites were silver covered almonds and presentation packs of a six bottles and a scarf or tie. I'll do separate posts and pictures of my favourites.

After the show, whether you are an importer, restaurant, caterer, or just an individual, you can order several of the foods and drinks which were displayed, and you can use a discount code. 

If you can't make the show in London, you have more chances in Amsterdam in November 2016; or in Warsaw, Poland; and Chicago, USA in 2017.
Open in London at Business Design Centre, Islington,Tuesday 19 July 9.30 am-4.30 pm.
More details from: 
www.bellavita.com

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. 

No comments: