Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Could You Teach Abroad? How to know your life purpose in 5 minutes | Adam Leipzig | TEDxMalibu



This video is helpful on two levels. How to find your life's purpose and not feel aimless, find a new job at home or overseas. On a smaller level, how to start a conversation without anybody, anywhere in the world.

This man's moral message is that it's better to give than receive, or that by giving you receive.

My answer to the question, his question, was, my life's purpose is to teach English. What's in it for them?  So people can speak well, feel confident and earn more money.

What do I need to do? Now I must go and publish my book on better English!

If you speak good English, you will always be in demand when you travel to other countries, or your own country, if you want money to save for a trip.

One person responded, "But I can't teach anything!"

That's because she or he was looking to teach at too high a level. When I wanted to teach English, I did not have a university degree in English, so I could not get the job I wanted, teaching English in a Grammar school or secondary school.

Instead, I started English conversation, one to one, as a tutor for an agency. I taught a Japanese lady English. She brought in her daughter to listen.

Later I started teaching, coaching, pupils below 'O' level. As my pupils improved and stayed on with me and went up to the next year's class, I had pupils who wanted me to teach O level and then A level.

However, if you don't have the qualifications, you just go further down the line. Grandparents teach their children how to speak. If you don't have a child, you can teach a budgerigar or just talk to a dog.

A baby or an animal doesn't demand to see your qualifications. You are the hero, the teacher, because you are years ahead, more experienced and they are dependent on you.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.

No comments: