Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Singapore's Passion Card Contest asks, What Does Home Mean To You?


Problem
What can I say about my home in Singapore.

Passion Card emailed me with the latest offers and news of a contest.

I wrote down my answer:

Coming home to Singapore is driving from the airport seeing bridges over the motorway draped with greenery and flowers. 

Home is a taxi driver who does his job without expecting a tip. Home is a hot and humid apartment but there's air con in every room, and some homes are designed with facing windows so you get a breeze. 

A Singapore home means a grille over the front door so you can leave it open to cool down. 

Home is an MRT station with trains every three to five minutes. Home is the station with recorded announcements in English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil, which has encouraged me to learn Mandarin, Malay-Indonesian and Tamil. 

Leaving home is leaving lovely Changi airport which has flowers, fountains and a Butterfly Garden.

Then I realised they wanted only one sentence.

Tell me which sentence you think I should submit.

The contest ends soon, 30 July 2018, one minute to midnight. I presume that is Singapore time, not GMT, and Singapore is ahead if you are holidaying or working in Europe or the USA.

To see what others have send and click on the link to the competition, find Passioncard on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/PAssionCard
Details of contest here:
https://bit.ly/2uQ7QSn 
Terms and conditions apply.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: