Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Travel shirts, Tabs, pocket, anti-pickpockets, anti-insects

The jolly, practical shirt I wore day after day on my hiking holiday was from Craghoppers. In a cheerful orange. 

Although practical, also pretty, stylish. Two styles of wearing the collar, up and down. Tab shirt so you could wear sleeves above the elbow, or fully down for more elegant evening, in air conditioning. Also handy for entering a religious building with a dress code such as a mosque (as we did in Cyprus).

Washing

The item comes with two tabs to hang it up to drip dry. No need for a hanger. A hook will do. Or hang it from the hook of a hanger on which you have another item. I could wash out the collar and cuffs overnight. Even the whole thing if you take it off at 4 pm after your 5 hour hike, and wash and dry it partially in a towel. (Or you could use the room hair dryer - but I am cautious with synthetics, not wanting to turn them back into solid plastic.)

The shirt has only one pocket, which annoys me because I feel lopsided. I don't like the look. On the other hand, no constant opening the left or the right, is it here or is it there.

The fabric is anti-insect Nosiguard. You would expect it to be called mosiguard.

After three days I discovered an inner zip, a hidden pocket, which makes it 'pickpocket proof' like the items which have that brand label. 

Search Words

I did extensive searches online. At last I found dresses. but I want a long dress. i might have to combine two blouses, or two short skirts, to make a longer dress or skirt.

Useful Websites

1



Pink shirt, and other colours, with two pockets and long sleeves.


About 28 US dollars, plus postage, for another style in white with two pockets and two hooks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B15BSJ9H/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0B15BSJ9H&pd_rd_w=GP4kz&content-id=amzn1.sym.WEVMVEhIOCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/Protection-Convertible-Camping-Fishing-Sailing/dp/B07ZQZNVGR/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=ExOfficio%2BInsect%2BShield

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: